Darkness has continued to stagnate.
Once again, the ‘spiritual successor’ of GameCube cult classic Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem manages to throw a new curve ball into the long-frothing mass of fan confusion.
Shadow of the Eternals by Precursor Games has been limping along trying to gain enough of a fan following to warrant the public crowdfunding of the enormously expensive venture. As of this writing, with 14 days left,the combined Kickstarter and Paypal crowdfunding campaign has made $284,497 (about 19% of their $1.5 million goal).
I guess if you thought about it, this might not have come as much of a surprise.
We’re shutting it down… kinda…
Today, Paul Caporicci and….
- ‘Shadow of the Eternals’ crowdfunding campaign temporarily shut down, pending ‘new developments’ (digitaltrends.com)
- Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaigns canceled, planned to relaunch ‘in a few short weeks’ (polygon.com)
- ‘Shadow of the Eternals’ horror game Kickstarter ‘temporarily’ cancelled (theverge.com)
- Insanity: Shadow Of The Eternals Crowdfunding Canceled (rockpapershotgun.com)
- Shadow of the Eternals Stops Kickstarter (thegeektrench.com)